Monday, May 23, 2011

Prepare to be Amazed

The other day while I was watching the movie, "Eat, Pray, Love" I was struck by the comment that Julia Robert's character makes.  She says,"I want to go somewhere, where I can marvel at something."  Well, don't we all?  But why must one go to the far corners of the earth to be able to marvel?  With every step into the garden I am surprised by what I find.  I am shocked that something the size of the period at the end of this sentence has the power to feed people for days and days (.)  Something that looks a lot like this . has the ability to bring people together over good food and even better conversation.  This . has the power to sustain and nourish us, to give us energy to be in this world.  This . has the power to bring people back from the pain of hunger and famine to life and life abundant.  Now if that isn't something to marvel at I don't know what is.  These are miracles of fish and loaves proportions that we encounter here.  Every seed is an opportunity to express faith and hope in a God that will continue to provide for our every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment